A client of a betting office can bet on events both before and during a match. These are the two main betting modes, officially called pre-match and live betting.
The payouts in pre-match are usually higher than in live betting. This is because the bookmaker only has to set the odds on events before they occur.
Live odds can change before the event starts. The more informed bettors are about the developments in a given sporting event, the higher their risk and, therefore, the potential profit.
Large selection of sports betting with 1xbet portugal
Moreover, live betting also offers a type of betting that is not possible before the event: betting on what the score will be in the “anytime” interval. This can be either halftime/full-time or score by quarters.
For example, for a bet on “Which team will take the lead at half-time” you could choose Arsenal or Swansea City Football Clubs playing each other.
Advantages of Betting Before the Match
Betting on football before it even starts can be risky, but there are definitely benefits to pre-match betting. Many players claim to have won large sums by making the right choice when placing bets before the match even starts.
If you’re thinking about trying a pre-match bet online, here are some benefits to keep in mind.
– This can increase your balance before the match, allowing you to place larger bets during the game.
Online bookmakers make it easy for players to place bets on upcoming matches before they even start. This is a great way to increase your bankroll before placing big bets. Just be careful not to go overboard and bet more than you can afford to lose.
– You can make huge savings before you even start playing
It can be difficult to accumulate a lot of money using in-play betting, as bookmakers usually only allow customers to place single and double bets on this option. However, pre-match betting is much easier to do, which means you can build up big savings before the match even starts.
– Always try to do your research before placing a pre-match bet
Pre-match bets are only successful if you know what you are betting. If you have no inside information about an upcoming game, or if you simply pick a team blindly because they are playing, you are essentially out of luck.
The benefits of live betting
In the past, bookmakers have undoubtedly been a popular pastime for many people. The advent of online real-time betting has expanded this field even further, opening up a whole new world for punters.
As soon as a sporting event starts, you can bet on it almost immediately, and you don’t have to wait until after the event to determine who will win.
There are several key benefits of live betting, and this article takes a closer look at some of them:
- 1. You can bet on any sports or esports match – once it starts, you can bet and enjoy, even if you don’t know which side will win. It also gives you a lot more entertainment options during the day when there are different matches in different sports and esports competitions.
- 2. You can bet on your favourite teams or players – if you have a particular team or player that you really like, then it makes sense to support them in livebetting, as this will give you a better chance of winning.
- 3. You can bet against your favourite teams and players – if you don’t like the idea of betting on your favourite team, then it makes sense to bet against them, betting on their opponent instead. If they win, you’ll get odds on that bet and it won’t lose.
- 4. You can bet on obscure events – although sports are generally the most popular for live betting, there are a number of other events on which you can also bet.
These include sports matches, hockey games and even some mixed martial arts events. If you have some inside knowledge of the individual players in any of these sports, you can use this to place your bets.
5. You can get more profit from your bets – because there are so many different events going on, it also means you have a better chance of winning or getting good odds on your bet, which means you can make more money on each bet.
6. You can make more money overall – because you have more opportunities to win or get good odds, this means that in the long run you can turn a small bankroll into a bigger one and possibly become a professional bookmaker.
7. Betting is not time-consuming – you can spend as much time as you like making a bet that you think will be profitable. When you bet with traditional bookmakers, it is much more difficult because you only have a short window of time between the start of the event and its end. This usually means that people won’t get the best odds available, and they won’t have time to find a bookmaker who is more lenient with betting conditions.
8. You can bet while watching – if you are a fan of a particular sport or sporting match, it makes sense to bet at the same time as watching what is happening. This way you get a real insight into what is happening while you are betting, which can make it even more exciting.
9. You can find great odds – there is no doubt that a number of bookmakers are losing market share to online betting because they cannot offer such good odds and nice service. This means that if you are looking for good odds, you have a great opportunity in front of you.
10. You can bet on different sports – traditional bookmakers tend to focus on a few popular sports because that’s their main audience, which means you don’t have as much choice as you do with specialist online betting. With a dedicated live betting site, you have access to a much larger number of sports and esports matches, which opens up the possibility for you to bet on anything you like.
11. You can watch almost any sporting or action event live – unless the event you wish to bet on is shown on TV. A dedicated live betting site will give you access to a far wider range of sports and sportsbook matches, enabling you to bet on anything you like.